Thursday, March 1, 2007

Guess what … another injury

Well, it seems I’m predisposed to have injuries. Yesterday, while typing on the computer, I pinched something in my neck again. So, I didn’t train yesterday and will most likely not being doing it today as well. Add to this that I’ve been having a plateau for the last week and it’s a cocktail that doesn’t taste so good. I’m not about to throw the towel just yet but it’s frustrating that you undergo this process because your believe you’re going to leave behind the injuries and you still get them for stupid reasons.

5 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Just remember that it's part of life. If you need to take a breather, take a breather. Take a week off, even. Get better, be conscious of your diet, and when the body is ready, challenge it again.

Bad luck is a part of it. Hate to hear it, but I can relate. Hang in there, Yves.

billy said...

The truth is, we injure ourselves because we're pushing our bodies in ways that many people don't. In the long run, we will be stronger for it. But in the short term, it sucks.

Just remember when you get injured, that your old unhealthy ways are partially to blame. Going back to them will only make it worse. The only way to make it better is to push forward as best you can. It's OK to take a break from working out, just make sure you stick with your diet and take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

I’m not about to throw the towel just yet...

Ok, I don't like that kind of talk! Injuries suck, but like the guys said, it's a part of life and, contrary to logic, part of getting back into shape. Don't let this frustrate you to the point of giving up. You've worked way to hard and have come way to far to quit now. Hang in there, nurse your injury back to health and get back into your workouts. Just watch what you eat and you should be okay until you're 100% again.

Whyves said...

Thanks guys! Don't worry for the "just yet" part. I'm not going to let go. Actually, I took an appointment for my injured knee and elbow.

Rob Tucker said...

You're not allowed to let go.

We can get your IP address, your home address.. whatever it takes, and we'll come drag you to the gym.

Giving up is NOT an option ;)