I haven’t felt real good for the last 2 weeks or so. A lot of things aren’t going the way I would like them to and I don’t feel motivated at all. To be really honest, I have skipped the last 3 workouts for no good reasons. I guess this is the point were I would usually start plummeting down but I’ve been thinking lately. I don’t want this to happen and I need to boost my motivation up. I need to challenge myself a little bit more. So, I’ll set myself a new goal. I’ll try to get to 206 before the end of the month. I’m now at 216.5 so I’ll need to gear up to get to that number. I haven’t been training in the morning for a few weeks now because I felt it was important to have at least 7 hours of sleep. I’m going to wake up early tomorrow and do some cardio before going to work and I’ll do the weight training in the evening.
I also need to work on my morale. Work is killing me and it affects me deeper than I would like to admit it. It’s starting to have some impacts on my family as well. I will try to focus on that as well. However, I believe that it goes deeper than work alone. I have no goals for my life. When I read what some of you are actually doing, it makes me more miserable. I used to be terribly active like most of you but at some point I stopped. I’ll think of some goals that I can set for myself. It should hell me out.
4 comments:
You can do this!! Keep blogging, seeking the support and inspiration of others, and working towards those mini goals. No one ever said this was going to be easy, but you can definitely do this!
You know what they say about "vicious cycles"?
"Success cycles" work the same way. You just need to kickstart yours!
Hang in there!
Keep it up, man. Just by recognizing it, you're farther ahead than you've been in the past.
Try making goals that aren't related to the number on the scale.
"I'm going to work out 4 times this week, for 45 minutes each", or "I'm going to walk 1000 minutes this month".
Challenge yourself. It's not just about the scale.
Great comments!
You know, it's so much easier said than done, but when you're not motivated, work out anyway. Once you start, it's easier to keep going. This is just another bump along the way and you'll get through it.
It's how you react to it that will determine where you'll be in a month, six months, six years. It's hard to "deal" with working out on top of life's stresses. When you're bogged down, exercise is usually the first to go because it's so easy to drop. This is where you need to shift your mind. You don't give up on your kids because they demand your attention and can be stressful to deal with. You don't give up on your wife. You don't give up on your job. So why give up on yourself? Exercise and overall health needs to be a priority in your life. It's not selfish - you need to be healthy not only for you, but for your family.
Hang in there, Yves. You'll get through this - just keep doing what you know you should be doing and the rest will work itself out.
Post a Comment