Wednesday, March 7, 2007

You have three chances to guess …

Yes, another neck injury.

Since my last post, I have cranked up the notch a bit by doing some cardio early in the morning and moving the weight training in the evening. Since I wasn’t feeling well last evening, I did my usual cardio this morning followed by the weight training that I skipped last night. Everything was fine until the last set of shoulder exercises. I didn’t feel it during but just a minute or so after I finished. My neck started to cramp up and now it hurts a lot.

I was sooooooo frustrated. Another injury and on the day I took off to spend with my wife and sons (school break). It was strange, some part of me wanted to get over it but I could not get rid of the frustration. This frustration definitely had some impacts on my family this morning and I felt really bad about this but still I could not help it. As soon as I thought I was over with it, it came back stronger. It’s now much better but I’m still frustrated a bit. The good thing is that I seem to have break out from the plateau.

I need to find why I get those so often. I think that it may be because I don’t drink enough before and during the workout. I will try to do that.

13 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

This sounds like something where you should just bite the bullet and go see a doctor. The reoccurring issue concerns me. When you're messing with your neck, you're sometimes messing with your spine, and you have to be sure that you're dealing with safety first.

Life's throwing you fastballs right now. As hard as they are to hit, it's the pitch that, once you get ahold of one, you send over the fence.

Wait for your pitch, man. You'll get it.

Rob Tucker said...

How's the neck feeling?

Kevin A. said...

Yves....where are you??

Anonymous said...

Yeah, man. How's it going?

Kevin A. said...

Yves!

Come back!

Kevin A. said...

Yves, come on.

Just give us an update to let us know you're still in the mix.

Anonymous said...

How's it going, Yves?

Rob Tucker said...

Knock knock.

Who's there.

Yves.

Yves who.

Yves be comin' to get you if you don't post soon.

C'mon back :)

Rob Tucker said...

Not giving up on you yet. C'mon back, man.

billy said...

Dude- don't let injury sidetrack you. You can still lose weight by focusing on your diet alone. You can do better with moderate exercise like walking.

The point is, don't give up.

Anonymous said...

Yves, where are you? C'mon, wiggle a toe or something to let us know you're still alive!!!

Rob Tucker said...

/poke

billy said...

I'm calling it. Time of death: 3/7/07. Rest in peace, Yves.