I usually train in the morning but since last night was short, I decided to train in the evening instead. It’s funny how different this is. When I train in the morning, on an empty stomach, I feel stronger and I recuperate within the hour. Tonight, I had a really though time to finish my workout and I’m still wiped out (more than usual), two hours after the workout. I guess it’s really different from one person to the other. What seems to be working for others is not for me. Maybe if you try to train in the morning, you’ll fell like I feel when I train in the evening.
As for the knee, I thought it was almost ok and I did my cardio yesterday morning. Today, the knee is hurting a bit but I'll keep going and only stop if it degrades. I'll wait another week before doing the legs because last time, it was those exercises that brought me the real pain.
3 comments:
You're not alone when it comes to feeling different between your morning and evening workouts. It's a different world for me as well.
It's not as clear cut for me (mornings=good, evenings=bad), but there's a mental difference to me. If I workout in the morning, it's a 'start to a good day'. If I work out at night, it's 'let's get this done so I can go home'.
Not to mention that the gym rats hang out at night, so I can get more done in the AM.
Be safe with legs. Now's a perfect time to put more emphasis on the form, and less on the weight amounts.
Wow, it's completely opposite for me! When I work out in the morning, I feel like I'm dragging myself though each exercise and I don't get nearly as much out of cardio as I do when I work out in the afternoon. It's interesting to see how different people are! :)
Be careful with the knee! What kind of cardio are you doing? I've been sticking with the elliptical and it's a GREAT cardio workout and it's obviously very low-impact.
I use the elliptical too. That's why I integrate it back into my routine.
Post a Comment