I have been feeling unmotivated for about 2 weeks now and it’s not about the weight loss. Actually, I’ve respected (except for Valentine day) my diet and exercised daily. I must admit that I too have been through a plateau last week but it didn’t impact my morale that much. It’s more about work. Since the promotion, I went from liking my job a lot to hating it a lot. I’m now up to the point where I don’t want to wake up in the morning to go to work. I’m trying to work on that but it’s hard. So, bottom line, I’m sorry guys if I didn’t post a lot but that’s the reason behind the action (or lack of). Maybe I should take Rob’s advice and try to write a little more often. For the first time since I started this, I feel that I need to drag myself to the basement and do my workout. But that’s what I’m going to do, go to the basement right now and do my workout.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Hard times
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I don't know about you, but putting things out there in writing really helps me vent - my post last night is a good example of that.
It really sucks that the promotion isn't working out for you. If you can find a way to change your perspective on the job, or just find a way to get through it, or even if you don't.. I hope you feel comfortable enough to vent here. Part of good health is mental health, and we're here to listen if you need us. Hang in there.
I think what you said is right on, now that you don't have eating to help you cope with your emotions, you actually have to deal with them. I feel like there were times when I sleepwalked through life, not dealing with how I felt.
It sucks, and it's hard, but it's healthy, and it's worth it. Try to transition some of your emotional outlet to your workout, especially anger ;)
Good to see you back. The fact that this is so hard is what makes it worthwhile.
I can't repeat enough how much anger and frustrations have fueled so many of my workouts. There's been times where I've wanted to drive my car right off the nearest bridge and put myself down (ok, that was more imagery than anything).. but when I took those frustrations to the gym, they were some of my best workouts.
As I said before, if you want to post these things, I hope you feel like you're welcome to. Mental health is part of the equation.
Post a Comment