It seems that there’s a definite advantage in counting calories. I was in a meeting the entire day Thursday. Around 10h00, they brought in snacks … muffins. Hummm I was really tempted but I kept telling myself that these “muffins” are more like cake and that they were probably averaging 300 calories. So, I didn’t want to screw my diet and didn’t have any, I just took a bottle of water. At lunch time, the meal in itself was ok, they brought in chicken or ham wraps with vegetables, cheese, crackers and soft drinks. I had 2/3 of a wrap with vegetables and a diet Sprite. The though part was the dessert: chocolate cake. I’m not a huge fan of chocolate cake but this one’s really good. I always used to have a piece when it was available and there is was, staring at me. Well, I pictured a big 500 calories in place of the cake. The trick worked and I didn’t have any. So, knowing the number of calories for some foods really helps keeping you strait.
Friday, February 2, 2007
Counting calories
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Healthy eating decisions = weight loss.
I'm VERY glad to see you not only on the wagon, but succeeding. Just imagine how much MORE you'll see when you're in the gym. Stay strong!
Counting calories is a good way to go. Just knowing the amount of calories your consuming or how much that chocolate cake is is great. Good use of willpower.
Post a Comment