In order to officially be in the F.A.T. coalition, I had to work late last night to put my Blog on. Actually I finished early in the morning and went to bed only to wake up too soon. Difficult to stay in bed when the kids are up and calling your name!
I finally got up and told my wife that I didn’t feel like working out this morning. She told me that it was funny that the Blog that is suppose to keep me motivated would be the one that would make me skip a workout … hummm. Good point! So, I went down in the basement and started my workout. It was though the first few minutes but at the end, I felt re-energized. I didn’t know that I was married to Confucius ;-) I guess it’s a good thing!
Today, I did the legs, calf and shoulder workout. I’m always scared of using too much weight for the leg exercises. Last year, when I got my book, I did the leg training with some weights and after the training session, I could barely walk. I even almost fell down the stairs since I had a lot of difficulty controlling my legs. I got soared for 5 strait days. That was horrible. So, I guess it’s still in the back of my head and it prevents me from doing the full workout. It also scares me that I would be so sore the next day that it would prevent me from doing my cardio workout. Well the coalition makes wonder and I did add a little bit of weight. We’ll see tomorrow how I feel when I wake up …
Friday, January 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Your wife is all over it! Thanks her on behalf of FAT!
Yeah, kudos to your wife! Wives rock. ;) And kudos to you for listening to her.
I haven't had a chance to read your blog until just now, so I have a few things I wanted to hit on, even though some of them have absolutely nothing to do with today's post! :)
First, I personally would ease your way into your workout. I've gone full-force before and I burned out quickly. It's so much better to do a little bit and work your way up to life-long lifestyle than to give it all you've got and quit in a month. That's my two cents. ;)
You asked in a previous post if we did cardio every day. I do it five days a week for 30-40 mins. I usually include HIIT (high-intensity interval training) in there as well.
And on Fitday, are you using it to track how many calories you're burning? I heard (from Kevin, actually) that FD is very inacurrate with calories burned but is usually right on with the amount of calories in foods.
Ok, that's all. Again, great job on working out. Actually going to the gym (home or elsewhere) is 80% of the battle. :)
You both put a big smile on my wife's face! Thanks for the comment.
As for the workout. The workout changes intensity every 2 weeks. So, 1 week over 3 is relatively easy to do. I will take in your advice but for the moment, I'm commited to the workout schedule to see what it can do for me. If I find out that it's burning me out, I'll slow down.
Fitday. Yes I'm using it to track both calories intake and exercise. I noticed too that it seemed that with a little bit of exercise, I could eat a lot and get away with it. I verified with the http://www.healthstatus.com/ web site and they actually show an higher amount of burned calories then with FitDay. Anyway, I'll make sure I stay within the prescribed calories range without exercises.
First:
Get this through your head: you no longer do "what you feel like". You do what you set out to do. 'nuff said!
Second: That extreme leg soreness happened to me too. It's not harmful, but it can make walking tricky for a couple days! It's actually a very good thing... you want to hurt like that- it means your muscles are damaged, which means that your body needs to rebuild them bigger and stronger, and burns plenty of calories in the process!!
I know this fact and it's why I try to push myself and get some level of soreness the next day. But this single time, it was nothing like that. It trully was horrible!
Let me be the first (or, 4,204,253rd) to say that wifes are our motivation for doing most things that we do.
If it wasn't for wives, not a single christmas card would be sent out. If it weren't for wives, the garbage would NEVER be taken out. Hell, if it wasn't for wives, I'd probably have skipped half my workouts.
Good work, keeping up. Whatever you do though.. don't let your wife talk to my wife.. or we'll both have twice the chores this week.
I don't need no stinkin' wife ;) It's called testicular fortitude, gentlemen!
Testicular Fortitude?
I remember having that... but now I don't ever have to wash my own clothes! (IF she reads that, I'm a goner) ;)
Post a Comment