Monday, January 8, 2007

Back to the office

Well, I guess I was pretty lucky this year as my company gave us two full weeks for the Christmas holiday. This morning it’s back to work. I found it really though this morning to wake up at the sound of the buzzer. For the last two weeks, I either woke up by myself or when the kids would walk in my room. This morning, the buzzer set off at 4h45. I put on my short, shirt and shoes and headed to the basement for the daily workout. Doing that by itself was though but it was nothing compared to the workout. My workout changes intensity every two weeks. It happened that this week was the most intense and I have never done it before. Whoa what a workout! I felt exhausted after it was over. However, after a shower and a nice breakfast, it seemed that the body was handling it. I’m sure I’m going to feel the soreness tomorrow but that’s ok since it means growth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A TWO-WEEK Christmas vacation?? I'm jealous!

I'm a little sore today after yesterday's workout, but man, it feels so good! It's just physical proof that you pushed yourself. It's a good thing.

To comment on your post the other day...awesome job on the weight loss! It's frustrating when you don't lose as much as you thought you would, but like Rob said, you have to keep it all in perspective...you're losing weight and that's the key. I keep hearing over and over and over again, 2 lbs/week is a very good pace for dieting and moderate exercise. Definitely keep that in mind and don't let the lower numbers discourage you.

Great job, Yves! Keep it up.

Rob Tucker said...

Definitely nice work. The thing that I find true is that GETTING to the workout is harder than the actual workout itself. If you can will yourself there, the workout falls into place.

Nice work so far!

And yes.. I'm jealous of the 2 week vacation as well. My wife just got off of her 2 weeks also.