Friday, January 12, 2007

Losing the sweet tooth

Well, I thought I would have a harder time losing that sweet tooth of mine. I used to have terrible cravings for sugar. Out of no where, I would feel the need to eat a chocolate bar, a pastry or anything that is processed and taste sweet. The funny part is that, most of the time, I wasn’t hungry. It just happened that my brain sent me a signal that it was time to eat sugar. So, I would eat sugar and if I ate too much of it, the mood swings would come soon after. These mood swings were terrible and it was really bad for people around me, especially my family. In truth, my family suffered greatly from this addiction to sugar.

It’s been two weeks now that I’m being careful with what I eat and the sugar cravings are gone (or almost ;-). I do not have the mood swings anymore and it feels great. Picture giving a small child a lot of chocolate before going to bed and you can picture me after a sugar rush. Needless to say that everyone in my family is better off. I might not have lost a lot of pounds yet but losing the sweet tooth is well worth the investment in healthy eating habits and exercising. All this in two weeks! I can’t wait to see how I’ll feel when I’ll actually have lost a good 20 or 30 lbs.

1 comment:

Rob Tucker said...

You're being accountable, and I think that's great. When you have something in your life worth MORE than the sweet tooth, it's easy to walk away from.

Great work!