Friday, January 5, 2007

First Training as part of the F.A.T. coalition

Today was the upper body routine. Having some articulation problems (mainly elbows and knees), I never really pushed myself with heavier weights. However, after reading some of the F.A.T. blogs, I realized that I needed to crank up a little bit so I increased the weights. Tonight, I definitely feel some soreness in my arms and chest. Good thing! I already feel the community influence.

In the book that I bought, the authors say that I should workout 6 days a week: weight trainings on 4 days and cardio on the other 2 days. Do you guys do cardio every day? And for how long? I’ll probably stick to their routine for at least a month but I wonder if I’m going to achieve the same results as you guys.

On the food part, the day went ok but I had a big dinner since I was going out with my wife. I ended up eating ribs. At least I substituted the fries for some steamed veggies. Oh and 3 bites of my wife’s cheesecake :-)

6 comments:

Kevin A. said...

Welcome to the coalition! We're glad to have you. Keep on us, and we'll keep on you.

Rob Tucker said...

Welcome aboard! We've now gone international ;)

The key to the coalition is accountability. You make sure to keep us on task, and we keep you on task. You'll be amazed at how well it works.

Do you have defined goals? What's the long and short term?

Good luck.. can't wait to see you hit your goals!

billy said...

Welcome aboard! I forgot to say don't pick the same blog template as Rob and I! ;)

Dave said...

Nice to meet you :)

According to my plan, I will be doing 3 days of weight training and 2 to 3 days of HIIT.

I am curious how much different the PC Fitday is compared to the online Fitday ...

Your blog won't let me sign in with my actual blog, so I signed in with my Google account.

This is Dave from the F.A.T. coalition.

My Transformation

Whyves said...

Billy,

Yeah I noticed that but it's the only template that I thought was OK. I didn't like the other ones. Don't worry, I'll be eventually tailoring it a bit.

Dave,

The PC Fitday is almost identical to the web one. I just like the part were I didn't have to go online and you can also track your measurements. You can track your mood swings and there are more reports. Oh yeah, it's easier to enter the data, the UI is much nicer.

billy said...

Just kidding about the blog :)

I do weight lifting 3x a week (with 5-10 minute warm-up and cool down cardio)

Then I do "cardio" 3x a week, but I do HIIT (High intensity interval training). It means instead of long and steady, you do, say, 1 minute balls out and then rest for a minute, and repeat.