Well, I guess it had to haunt me at some point. My back pain is flaring up again. It started yesterday to the point where I went to the chiropractor. I had high hopes that it would help a lot but this morning, it’s as bas as it was last night. I’ll try to though it up for a couple of days to see how it goes. I don’t want to take a break from exercising. If I have to, it will be a major blow to my morale.
I don’t know if I’m imagining things but it looks like every time I start losing a few pounds, my back starts hurting for a couple of days/weeks.
Tuesday, January 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Don't let your morale get down if you have to workout less. Remember that weight problems are 80% diet related. Just continue to eat clean. You will be able to get back into the gym in no time.
Dave
Must be a common theme among overweight dudes. My back pain has been flaring up a bit as well, but I found that by doing exercises that work it a little, but STRESSING PERFECT FORM, seems to help a bit.
For the moment my morale is OK and you are right to say that diet is the bigger part of it. I didn't become overweight by exercising ;-)
As for Perfect Form, I try my best to do it. You can feel it when you use weights and are not properly aligned.
Sorry about that ;)
He's right though. A strong diet trumps anything else. You gained it by eating poor, you'll loose is by eating well.
Take care of your back, no matter what you do. Don't overdo anything.. and if you're anything like me, you want to 'fight through it'. Don't try and fight through a bad back, you'll lose every time.
you became overweight by NOT exercising AND eating poorly.
If you have to skip the gym, maybe you could go for long walks or do something that doesn't aggravate it?
I really feel like sometimes the solution is just to strengthen those back muscles. But it depends what your particular back problem is, so maybe see a doctor.
I'm not down for the count just yet. I'll be careful but will not stop exercising for the moment. Thank you all for the comments!
How's your back today? We didn't hear from you yesterday. Everything ok?
Yeah, what Rob said.
Post a Comment