Funny what life can throw at you! Yesterday morning, I did my workout and felt great after. So I go to work and while I’m doing my e-mail, I turn my head and boom it happens. I feel a sharp pain in the neck and it grows and grows and grows to the point it was intolerable. I had two wait two hours like this until my chiropractor opens up. He fixed me up a little bit and removed about half of the pain. Apparently I severely pinched a nerve all the muscles around it went strait to contraction mode and stayed like this. I then went to the drugstore to get some medicine for the back. So, I’m benched off for a few days. I guess I was a little bit depressed about that and I started to eat. This is where you realize that you’re truly an emotional eater even if you denied it all of your life. I started to binge; a pizza for lunch, left over Christmas chocolates here, a cup of ice cream there, cheese yogurt, etc. Overall, I estimate that I went way past my daily allowance and even above what my body burns in a day. Fortunately, I know that I need to eat 3500 cal in order to gain a pound and for sure I did not do that. So, with a little bit of work, I’ll be able to recuperate from that escapade. One of the things I realized yesterday night was how easy it can be to stack up the pounds when you’re eating like that all week long. Tracking calories opened my eyes; even the smallest treat usually has around 100 cal so it’s incredibly easy to go overboard on what your body needs daily.
So, don’t worry for me, I’m right back on track. I guess it’s a good thing that I was a little bit ahead in the weight loss. Maybe I should post my goals …
7 comments:
Don't let it get to you. Just keep in mind, if you can't workout, eat well. You can still lose 1-2 pounds per week from diet alone, if you eat the right things.
Hang in there!
As I said, I'm still hanging there. It's just a small obstacle ... Thanks!
Here's the good news:
You're aware of it.
We gain the weight when we rationalize days like that and let days after days stack up on each other.
Get well, first and foremost. In the meantime, eat well and get your body back to where it needs to be. Proud of you for being able to put it out there when your diet fails. You don't need us to tell you that you had a bad day. Just link the bad day to a few good ones, and you'll be just fine.
Hang in there, those neck/back issues can be bad, I know from experience.
Want to know a sure fire way not to gain any weight back? Keep weighing yourself every day. Even if you fall off the wagon completely (which you obviously haven't), step on that scale every morning. That's how I gained all the weight back the first time I lost a bunch. I refused to weigh in for like, years.
But if you do it every day, you'll realize when you've gained a few.
I don't even know why I'm rambling about this, but it is important. hope your back feels better!
Bummer! I hope your back feels better soon.
Hey, we all fall, but that doesn't make us failures. We only fail when we don't get back up. We're all going to have days like that (most of us have already). Just keep moving forward. You can't do anything more than that. :) Keep up the good work, Yves!
Billy's got a point.
We gained the weight because we lost awareness of our situation. Stay on the scale. Learn to hate it. Think of why you're losing this weight in the first place, and why being overweight just flat out sucks.
Mind over body, my man.
How's the diet going? Even if you're not working out, we're keeping an eye on you ;)
Post a Comment