Thursday, January 4, 2007

A little background on my name

Some might wonder what Whyves actually means. In fact, it’s quite simple. You see, I’m a French Canadian living in Montreal. My real name is Yves and that’s a common name in French. However, when I travel abroad, it seems that people have a hard time with my name. I’ve heard many different pronunciations but the funniest was to spell out the first letter (Y) in plain English. After telling the story, people at work also started to call me like this from time to time. So, I decided that I would use Whyves as account name from now on. If you wonder what the real pronunciation sounds like, it sounds pretty much as … Eve. Don’t laugh; I assure you that’s a male name around here ;-)

P.S. Obviously, English is not my native language. So, please forgive me if I make spelling or grammar mistakes.

No comments: